Verizon - Verizon DSL - duplicate accounts - service outages - billing errors - e-mail address 'deleted' by Verizon, told had to wait 6 months to get it back

Posted on Monday, September 29th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by c47f9533

Product: DSL

Company: Verizon

Category: Internet Services

Several weeks ago, I signed up for Verizon DSL service. While setting up the account Verizon made numerous errors (e.g. duplicate accounts, service outages, and billing errors) and in the process Verizon accidentally deleted my primary e-mail address.

After waiting weeks for Verizon's tech support to resolve the problem and return my original e-mail address, I was told that due to FCC rules and regulations I would have to wait six months before they could release my original e-mail account back to me despite Verizon's error in deleting the e-mail address.

If this is true, I don't understand why an e-mail address that was never used by anyone other than myself cannot be returned to me, particularly given the fact that Verizon deleted it by their own error.

Can someone confirm that a) this is an FCC rule/regulation, b) if anything can be done to waive the regulation given the circumstances and c) what steps I should take to get this resolved.

I have tried to escalate the issue within Verizon, but after many long frustrating hours this was my last hope.

45ac1665, 2009-07-15, 03:07PM CDT

fcc does not regulate email there fore they wouldnt say you couldnt reuse it for 6 months.