Posted on Saturday, September 27th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by 787fa2dd

Company: FCNB - First Consumer National Bank Credit Card - web site gone - old phone number doesn't work - statements not being issued - however, found new way to view account and make payments

# 23 for September 26, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on September 25, 2003:

From:

RE: FCNB - First Consumer National Bank Credit Card - web site gone - old phone number doesn't work - statements not being issued - however, found new way to view account and make payments FCNB - First Consumer National Bank Credit Cards I have been having the same problems as many other posts here. They are bankrupt and were ordered by the OCC to stop issuing new cards. Thier old phone number doesn't work anymore, thier web site is gone, and I don't receive statements anymore. However, I have found information to help those of us with accounts. Apparently they have contracted with another company to take over thier credit card services until all accounts are paid and closed and they totally shutdown the FCNB card group. I was able to log on, view my account, make a payment and more from the new site. Here's the info I came accross: CardMember Services, located in Norcross, Georgia, has been engaged by First National Bank of Omaha to provide customer service for First Consumer's credit card account holders. Services are available over the web at www.CardMemberServices.net / FirstConsumers and through our automated voice response system at 1-866-691-0053. You may also reach us at P.O. Box 922788, Norcross, GA 30010-2788. Hope this helps!

f9dd0ffb, 2008-06-05, 01:10PM CDT

Take my mailing address off your mailing list you guys take advatage of peoples weakness I would steal before i would use your credit card you discust me.

5c85d032, 2008-07-03, 04:36AM CDT

THE SOLUTION IS THIS. PLEASE READ CARFULLY. DO NOT CALL THEM. IF THEY CALL YOU, TELL THEM THE ACCOUNT WAS ALREADY SETTLED YEARS AGO, DO NOT CONTACT ME ANY FURTHER. IF YOU CALL THE COLLECTION AGENCY AND GIVE AN ACOUNT NUMBER THEY SENT YOU BY MAIL, YOU WILL GET AN ACCOUNT STARTED AGAIN THAT VERY DAY. FCNB WAS CLOSED YEARS AGO. DONT TRY TO GET EVEN BY CALLING AND DOING YOUR OWN SPY WORK. YOU WILL BURY YOURSELF DEEP. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO SCREW YOU CREDIT UP ANY MORE THAN YOU WERE BEFORE THEY STARTED CONTACTING YOU. DO NOT DEAL WITH ANYONE OR CONTACT ANYONE COLLECTING FOR FCNB.

f41aeed4, 2008-09-06, 07:49AM CDT

My FCNB account was still showing up on my credit report after it was closed and payed off. After many phone calls, I was given 2 tollfree niumbers, 1-866-691-0053 and 1-866-892-4996. Hopefully this can help someone else.

f98b5ae3, 2008-10-23, 01:06PM CDT

I received a letter in the mail today, stating that I owe 1544.60. I don't owe your company and have never heard of this company or the original crediter .

6b850ce6, 2009-02-02, 12:48PM CST

I believe that FCNB decarled Bankruptcy,

after being told to close down their service. When anybody declares Bankruptcy everything is charged off and written off. Therefore why are the past card holders still paying someone who is only acting as their FCNB..?? All of the charges of the consumers should not be still being to someone who is claiming to be FCNB. This issue should be brought up to the FTC ASAP. The FTC needs to find out who is responsible for this apparent elegal activity. Someone should be in jail for this..!! Just who is getting this money.?? Let us see a name....

6b850ce6, 2009-02-02, 12:51PM CST

61fed6f6, 2009-02-02, 12:53PM CST

6c00b611, 2009-10-08, 12:51PM CDT

I reported this to the Federal Reserve Consumer Help and filed a complaint. EVERYONE who has this card and problems should do the same. Waiting to see where this goes. I was also told this is a closed institution.

1b655445, 2009-11-28, 02:09PM CST

My husbands account is apparently still accruing interest after 10 plus years of its supposedly being paid off and de activated. I find it highly suspicious that in ten years he heard nothing from this company whatsoever and now that the credit card companies are facing new regulations in february we are only just now hearing from a collection company stating that he still owes money on this supposedly active card...something smells funny

d5a31661, 2010-02-17, 08:16PM CST

I havent heard from this company since forever dont even remember having an account with them anyways i got a collection letter from avante Usa trying to collect $800 for first consumer national bank but I have never got statements or any other collection letters till now the account was opoened in 2001 october then no activity since 1/2002 that's also suspicious to me does anyone know if they merged and maybe i paid off another account that was theirs but in a different name im soo confused and avante is no help they have no information except the info i got on my credit report.

c75cf681, 2010-03-23, 12:31PM CDT

I found the following numbers on an old statement, and a letter I received from them:

866-691-0053

866-892-4996

800-876-3262

Anonymous, 2010-04-26, 02:47PM CDT

I contacted a Federal Banking Agency, they told me, First Consumers was closed. World Bank supposely collects the money for them. A collection agency had contacted me "Platinum Recovery Services", in Omaha I think. They never said. I haven't received a statement from them either. I was told to pay the full amount no bargaining. Told to call them back when I wanted to do that. I have written numerous times to Norcross, GA. I have yet to receive a response. The amount said to owe isn't correct. No one wants responsiblity to reply to my simple questioning.

c85cc4f9, 2010-05-17, 01:09PM CDT

This is an old account and I have paid them off down to one hundred dollars and now I received a garnishment stating they are suing me job for 744.01 plus 117.50. With no phone number attached. They tried to embarassed me on my job. They have no phone number, and cannot not reach them. Please help in anyway you can.

c85cc4f9, 2010-05-18, 10:54PM CDT

I tried login but they are asking for account number. I do not have an account number. This account is an old account.

fbb69de5, 2010-08-18, 09:16AM CDT

Would like to know if the E Style credit card still works

9644a0c7, 2010-10-07, 09:49PM CDT

in the last two weeks i got some of these calls my account was paid off in good standing and closed almost 10 years

now i get a call thay dont have my name, address, phone # city toat i live in right, and thay want me to give them my info like ss # and address, dont think so... calling fed reserve consumer comlaint.j

fd6a69b6, 2011-01-21, 11:17AM CST

My name is Cathleen Stewart,now it's Daily.I never had a credit card under Stewart,somebody is useing my name.My husband pass away.1998.its ID Theft.

243d2a6d, 2011-06-27, 01:03PM CDT

I also found fcnb case number on my credit report years after divorce and not in my name! I was not contacted and don't know what it's about but affecting my credit!