1 ABC Confederate Store - 1 ABC Confederate Store - www.1abcstore.com - paid $ 55 for flag that lasted only a few weeks before fading badly

Posted on Saturday, September 27th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by b6b2db8d

Company: 1 ABC Confederate Store

URL: http://www.1abcstore.com

Category: Stores, Shopping

I purchased a flag from 1 ABC Confederate Store’s website in May 2003. This was to be a present for my sister. After having the flag for a couple of weeks my sister called to say it had faded very badly. The red background on this confederate flag had turned to pink. I called the 800 number listed on the website to see if I could get a replacement or refund , I was told that they did not take complaints over the phone , just orders and that I would have to e-mail my complaint. I proceeded to do so , explaining to the person on the other end of my e-mail the problem I was having with the flag.

I was e-mailed back in a couple of days and told that they would contact the manufacturer and get back to me. After a couple more days they e-mailed me to tell me that just as was stated on their website this flag was to be flown indoors only. I immediately went to their website to check the description of the flag which I was sure I read correctly before ordering it.

There at the end of the description someone had added “to be flown indoors only. I knew for a fact that was not in the description when I ordered the flag or I would not have ordered it knowing my sister wanted to fly the flag outdoors. I could also tell it had been added later because the print was not clear. I e-mailed them back to bring this to their attention and was told in these very words to “GET LOST!”. I have certainly learned my lesson about ordering from these people, I paid 55.00 dollars for this flag for it to only last a few weeks. I was never given an apology or offered a credit on another purchase or anything, just to get lost. I hope in writing this letter to complaints.com it will prevent someone else from making the same mistake I did. Thank you complaints.com for your help. Sincerely, E. Shepard