Hampton Bay - Hampton Bay fans - manufacturer is King of Fans Manufacturing, FL - www.kingoffans.com - have contacted company to request replacement cover light for Hampton Bay fan

Posted on Wednesday, September 24th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by a5bbc889

Product: Fans

Company: Hampton Bay

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

Actually this is not a complaint. I have read many regarding Hampton Bay and the inability to find parts or warranty work. Well, I have located the manufacturer and thought I would pass along. King Of Fans Manufacturing out of Florida is the manufacturer of many private brands and they state this on their home page.

It is under construction however, there are phone numbers and an email address to get in touch with them. I personally just sent a message to this company in the search of a light cover we broke to a new ceiling fan made by Hampton Bay. I'm guessing I will receive some type of response although I am just requesting to purchase a part. Their website address is: kingofans.com

Good Luck!

Hopefully a Helpful Citizen/Consumer

a0d71eb1, 2007-10-09, 04:06PM CDT

NEVER buy hampton bay or king of fans ceiling fans with the globe light cover everyone I have talked to said when the bulb blew out and they went to replace it the globe shattered as they tried to twist it off in my opinion they make them cheap quality on purpose so you pay $35 to be sent a light cover and a bulb is $20 so $55 everytime the light blows the hell with that we just bought a ceiling fan for $60 and they messed it up for themselves as we are getting a new home built and were considering their products but now will go for something with a little more quality then a $200 remote control ceiling fan thats trash when the bulb blows I refuse to pay over 1/4 of the fans total cost everytime I replace the light

e0db87cd, 2007-10-22, 10:38AM CDT

Learn how to take the globe off with out breaking it you dummy!!!

ac81940b, 2008-04-03, 09:52AM CDT

Hi,

Actually, here is an interesting note, the name Hampton Bay is a Home Depot name similar to Lowe's Harbour Breeze. They have serveral categories that have serveral vendors(manufacturers)for the product in each category. So for for example in the lighting category there are specific vendors that submit designs to a buyer of Home Depot where he or she makes the decision what is sold.

When I called Hampton Bay they took my information and called the correct manufacturer for me and handed the call over.

Here is what I found out, in my case it was a ceiling fan that was only working on on speed after 8 years in service, I spoketo King of Fans and their representative were very educated on their product and in a few days I had my part and all three speeds are working like a charm.

My husband sent them a letter about an idea he had to include an extended pull chain than the one included in the box. The responded stating that they would live to but Home Depot has approved spec standard that they must follow. Basically what ever HD wants they have to do is what I got out of it.

With that said I believe that the handful of manufacturers for each category must compete for business meaning they are striving to be the cheaper one, which is what we want right?

43ec9d50, 2008-10-03, 12:53PM CDT

I too have an outdoor fan with a broken Light cover. The Hampton Bay web site gives no information as to how access replacement parts. A replacement cover can be purchased at Home Depot with all electrical attached for about $35.00. All I need is a cover. They sure don't make it easy and this cover is of poor quality(not made for outdoor conditions)

7f490b3b, 2008-10-08, 01:09PM CDT

Yea, I myself am very disappointed with them.

My receiver has blown out 2 times already in about 5 years. It receives the signal for the fan, but not for the light. I had an IT diagnose the problem and say it was the ballast, 1st time and 2nd time when it blew out.

I installed the ballast and it didn't work and now they are saying it's the receiver like the last time.

And yes the screw on glass dome can break so easily when removed/fasten back on. Sad though it's a nice looking fan.

1f0de691, 2008-12-10, 11:10AM CST

Hampton Bay ceiling Fans are excellent quality at a reasonable price! But keep in mind there are pretty much troubles on these affordable ceiling fans.

I suggest you take a look at the link given here... http://www.ceiling-fan-wizard.com/hampton-bay-fans.html

1ab405c7, 2010-07-21, 02:47PM CDT

BEEWARE OF THIS COMPANY....I've ordered parts for our 2 ceiling fans and both times, they've sent the wrong items. WON"T EXCHANGE OR REFUND MY MONEY. EVEN though they can see on the order slip that I ordered the correct item, they shipped the wrong product. FRUSTRATED with them... I tried to speak to a manager and was put on hold for ever. Then told she was away from her desk. I then asked for a return call, of which I Have Never received.

BEWARE....DON'T BUY THIS FAN UNLESS YOU WANT TO REPLACE IT IN A COUPLE YEARS.

b65abd36, 2010-08-10, 01:50PM CDT

The fan motors are fine - but the blades warp. Once that happens, the only way to replace them is through the King of Fans. The retail stores do not carry ANY replacement parts.

The price of the replacement blades plus shipping is almost as much as the original price of the entire fan.

So - buyer beware.

I would not recommend these fans.

0cc5b3fe, 2010-10-07, 11:37AM CDT

Good luck is right.....I have had 2 capacitors blow on one fan and 2 on another.

I know to NEVER deal with this company again. You will probably learn the same.

Dalix h., 2013-01-17, 03:18PM CST

I want to now were is my glass Bol for my fan Hampton bay exterior I paid 36 dollars by mi chase credite card on the 25 /10/12 they have to shipping to Houston on the name of dalix Joseph freight 719 bradfield dr Houston Texas 77060.