Posted on Monday, September 22nd, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by ae31411c

Company: 2001 Mirage from Delaware Mitsubishi - trouble with financing through Mitsubishi Motors Credit

# 22 for September 21, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on September 20, 2003:

From:

RE: 2001 Mirage from Delaware Mitsubishi - trouble with financing through Mitsubishi Motors Credit

I purcahsed my 2001 Mirage at Delaware Mitsubishi in November 2000. Until recently, I experienced no

difficulties. I did however, find it rather odd that I never received any invoices or a payment book for

making my payments. Several calls to the dealership went either unanswered or they directed me to call the

800# for customer service for Mitsubishi Motors Credit.

Regardless the day of week and time of day I would call this number, I was never able to get this problem resolved. I though if I could just speak to the "right" person, I would get my payment set up for direct debit from my bank account. After a month of trying to speak to the "right" person I gave up, and simply mailed in my payments to the address on my initial paperwork from the dealership.

I continued making my payments each month until the present time. About a month ago I received a check from Mitsubishi in the amount of one of my monthly payments. The note on the receipt portion of the check said "Payment Refusal". I took a day off from work to try to find out why this had happened. Once again I called the 800# for customer service.

I spent an entire day of being on hold or being transferred to someone "who could help me", to not get any help or find out why the money was sent back to me. I thought perhaps it was just a computer error, and decided not to worry about it. This past week I received another check back from them in the mail, this time it had not been cashed. It came with a generic letter with a box checked off for the same reason, payment refusal. And

again, all attempts to reach them by phone have been futile. I will next be writing them via certified

mail to get to the bottom of this. Any help that could be offered or provided would be greatly appreciated. Bethann DuBois