1-800 FLOWERGRAM - 1-800 FLOWERGRAM - flowers not delivered on time - then dead flowers delivered by FedEx

Posted on Saturday, September 20th, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by 5913676b

Company: 1-800 FLOWERGRAM

Category: Stores, Shopping

The flower delivery took place in Hagerstown, PA.

To whom it concerns:

I ordered flowers from this 1-800 service listed in the yellow pages when I was away from home. I remembered that my closest friend's mother had her 86th birthday coming up on 8/3, and I wanted to remember her. I ordered the flowers on 8/2, a Saturday, and the service company promised to deliver on Monday.

When I returned to home two weeks later, I thought it was odd that I hadn't received a thank you note from Mrs. W, since she ALWAYS acknowledged everything with a prompt note.

Concerned about her health, I called my friend to find out that the flowers never arrived. I called the company, and after leaving two messages, finally got a service rep. on 8/21 who promised to send out fresh flowers via FED EX. W

ell, I get a call on Monday the 25th from Mrs. W telling me that the flowers did arrive, however, they were all dead (even the carnations!) and had arrived upside-down. Clearly, the flowers I had originally ordered had been lost/kept in the warehouse then sent out 2-1/2 weeks later!

Furious, I called the company to complain, and was told that only my original order showed up on my record, but not the second "order", and that they would need 5 business days to investigate.

I waited a week and called back. Left a message. I've been calling every few days with no response back from the company. I am furious and out $74, and this poor grandmother got dead flowers for her birthday! I'm not giving up.

Stacy

40b33494, 2008-10-13, 10:29PM CDT

1-800-Flowergram is an excellent company. All flower companies are subject to the their overnight delivery carrier which can include severe weather, delays, lost shipments, etc. 1-800-Flowergram stood behind their service and sent another order at no aditional charge. When items arrived damaged from any company, there is a consumer responsibilty to file a claim promptly with the shipper for reimbursement.

f90db524, 2008-10-13, 10:32PM CDT