Posted on Friday, September 6th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by b2697ece

Company: Wal-Mart - Great Value crunchy peanut butter - now has fewer crunchies - put the crunchies back into the peanut butter

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 4, 2002:

From:

RE: Wal-Mart - Great Value crunchy peanut butter - now has fewer crunchies - put the crunchies back into the peanut butter

We do buy a lot at Wal-Mart. We have bought the Great Value, crunchy peanut butter for years and have enjoyed it.

But, for several months, we have noticed that the crunchy peanut butter has very few crunchies in it. It definitely does not have as much as it did to begin with.

Please put the crunchies back in the Great Value crunchy peanut butter.

Virginia & Lloyd Claxton

Big Spring, Texas 79720

976f6d96, 2009-01-21, 11:22AM CST

Could you please let me know who the manufacturer of Walmart Great Value Crunchy Peanut Butter is. (28 Oz plastic container) With code S07 Best by 11 11 09 imprinted on the outside of the container near the lid. The container still has the seal intact.

Is this prouduct involved in the recall?

Thanks,

Hal Bryan "[email protected]"

048929be, 2010-01-27, 07:15PM CST

I ate Great Valley peanut butter 2 days ago..I know that there is no recall now, but i was VERY sick! We looked on the jar and found out the allergy warnings said that there could be trace ammounts of anchovies..I am allergic to fish and sea food! To think that there would ever be a reason to look on peanut butter for this! It makes me very angry that i had to be that sick with hives, swelling, stomach churning and throwing up violently! I've complained to Walmart about this and still haven't gotten a response.

06ffa24d, 2010-04-10, 11:45AM CDT

Why in the world does Walmart allow their peanut butter supplier to put anchovies in it? This is nuts. People with fish allergies would not expect peanut butter. This needs to stop!!!

I ate some of it, I smelled like anchovies of hours afterward.