1998 Geo Metra - engine replaced in 1999 at 29,500 miles - engine out again in 2002 - 1998 Geo Metra - engine replaced in 199 at 29,500 miles - engine out again in 2002

Posted on Thursday, September 5th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 9e6c9309

Company: 1998 Geo Metra - engine replaced in 1999 at 29,500 miles - engine out again in 2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 3, 2002:

From:

RE: 1998 Geo Metra - engine replaced in 1999 at 29,500 miles - engine out again in 2002

yes, my name is Mrs. Guillory, I writing the message to let you know the problem I've had with my GEO. Metro. Back in Oct. 99, the engine was replace in the car. At the time the car had only 29,500 miles on it. It was proven to be a defect and the engine was replace.

Now here it is Sept. 02 and the engine is out on it again. I had the car towed to a repair shop to be told that the engine froze up on the car. Another engine. Presently the car has only 61,000 mile on it. What I need to know is when the engine was installed was there a warrant on the new engine?

I never received any paperwork on the new engine that was install. I call the dealer (Dee's' Chevrolet) and ask for a copy of what was done on the engine. I will be picking that paperwork on Wednesday 4 Sept 02. I feel that there must be a defect if those engine.

The car has oil, the last oil change was done in May 02. The car is only used in the city because I have another car, 1998 C70 Volvo. The car is used for my every day travel. Please advise me as to what I need to do. I don't want to seek legal counselor, but if I have to I will. For a car like that surely the engine have more then a 61,000 life on it.

Or should I say the car have the mileage but the engine only have maybe 31,000 miles on it. Thanks for you time.

Ps. The car was purchase new, in March 1998. V/R.

Mrs. Santina Guillory.