Goodyear, Peekskill, NY - concerned about cost of repairs to 1995 Ford Taurus The attached repair bill is from : - Goodyear, Peekskill, NY - concerned about cost of repairs to 1995 Ford Taurus

Posted on Wednesday, August 28th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 80e71ac3

Company: Goodyear, Peekskill, NY - concerned about cost of repairs to 1995 Ford Taurus The attached repair bill is from :

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 28, 2002:

From:

RE: Goodyear, Peekskill, NY - concerned about cost of repairs to 1995 Ford Taurus The attached repair bill is from :

Goodyear

47 Dayton Lane

Peekskill, NY 10566 The repair is for a 1995 Ford Taurus and was done as part of a State Inspection. I believe the charge for installing a serpentine belt and tensioner is excessive. I am attaching the invoice but should it not be legible, I am listing the charges in question:

1995 Ford Taurus LX

Date: 08/27/02

Invoice #023255

Cost of belt tensioner $ 96.28

Cost of belt $ 48.05

Labor to install $172.50

Tax $ 21.39

Total $338.22 I have discussed this with a local repair shop & they are of the belief that the charges are excessive.

I am a 75 woman, not familiar with auto repair costs and felt that I was taken advantage of since I could not leave the Goodyear Shop without an inspection certificate.

I would appreciate your review of the above information and your recommendations.

Thank you.

Yours truly,

Louise Locatelli

17 Meadow Road

Montrose, NY 10548

I can be reached by e-mail at:

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_35988#