Posted on Wednesday, September 25th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 383e0fde

Company: MCI WorldCom Cellular Service - ongoing billing problems - unable to fix due to terrible customer service - charged for roaming in home area

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 23, 2002:

From:

RE: MCI WorldCom Cellular Service - ongoing billing problems - unable to fix due to terrible customer service - charged for roaming in home area

My name is Jeff Cooper. I had a MCI Worldcom cellular service for a year. I had several problems with the service. Every time I contacted their customer service it would take several days to get a response

back.

At the beginning of the contract, I had some problems with billing. I refused to pay the statement until they could figure out where the problem was. My phone was then shut off for non payment.

It took a couple of months to have them turn it back on because they could not find the original problem. I received a new phone number (what a pain!!!).

Since then, my billing always had something wrong and the reception was horrible. I constantly had dropped calls, even when the phone said I had a full signal. The last problem with the billing is they are charging me roaming charges for my home area.

They have credited some of these but not all of them. I canceled my contract with them in June of 2002, but I received a letter and a phone call on September 21 saying that I still owed them $92. This amount is from the

roaming charges in my home area. I explained this to the lady on the phone, but she hung up on me.

I know that WorldCom is hurting in the financial world, but with results like this, it is not hard to see why.

My recommendation for looking into cell phones is to stay completely away from MCI WorldCom.

Thank you for listening.