Posted on Monday, September 23rd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by d4325fd1

Company: 1995 Ford Probe from Austin Rising Fast Motor Cars - engine went out - upset with way warranty handled

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 21, 2002:

From:

RE: 1995 Ford Probe from Austin Rising Fast Motor Cars - engine went out - upset with way warranty handled

I purchased a vehicle from above dealership in early July with a warranty for 3 months or 3,000 miles. In mid-July the engine went out and they refused to honor their warranty.

They stated that it was due to fault of the driver of the vehicle because they should have heard a noise or the check engine light should have come on. I advised them that there was no indication what-so-ever that the vehicle just shut down without warning after turning a corner.

I asked the manager if I were still financing the vehicle would he pay for it and he said yes, however since I paid cash he failed to honor the warranty. I had to pay an additional $1600 to have vehicle repaired, it took them over a month to complete repairs due to a sensor that they were waiting on.

The body shop stated that this sensor is what advises you of check engine light, seatbelts etc.

These sensors were not performing before repairs were done to vehicle, which leads me to believe that the dealership should honor the warranty.