Posted on Saturday, September 21st, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by d7c242bc

Company: 2000 STS Cadillac Seville - short in seat heater - using too much oil - trunk opens for no reason - other problems

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 19, 2002:

From:

RE: 2000 STS Cadillac Seville - short in seat heater - using too much oil - trunk opens for no reason - other problems

2000 STS Cadillac Seville has 38,500 miles. I've had various problems with this model. Car stalled twice while getting on freeway, radiator hose came off, navigation system would go crazy, short in seat heater, car using to much oil had it check twice and they can't find out why the oil light goes on when the car has oil, trunk opens up no reason and now something is draining the battery and it won't start.

Purchased car at Signer Buick Cadillac, Newark, CA, I'm not please with this car and the dealer says they can't help me!....They will be glad to sell me another car and I can trade in this one.

c48fdb61, 2008-04-28, 02:25PM CDT

I have one also and they called it Carbon up and they the Dealership Decarbonized it twice when it was in warranty as soon as I went over 50,000 mile the factory had recall and had to fix the cyllinder walls or something in the engine that cost over $2,000. If your dealer will do this for you or get an trade for same amount. You will use 3 or more quarts bedfore each change of oil. Great car but never again will I buy a Caddy. I have now over 142,000 miles. The driver seat heater went out. You might want to drive it but the value does not stay with the car. I hate the decline in Value is why I kept it. Very expensive to fix. It is paid for is why I still have it.