Experian Credit Reporting - denied credit due to mistake made by Experian - credit file combined with another person - names not similar - how could this huge, costly mistake happen ? - Experian Credit Reporting - denied credit due to mistake made by Experian - credit file combined with another person - names not similar - how could this hugh, costly mistake happen ?

Posted on Wednesday, September 18th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by d56ca055

Company: Experian Credit Reporting - denied credit due to mistake made by Experian - credit file combined with another person - names not similar - how could this huge, costly mistake happen ?

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 16, 2002:

From:

RE: Experian Credit Reporting - denied credit due to mistake made by Experian - credit file combined with another person - names not similar - how could this huge, costly mistake happen ?

Recently found out, to my dismay, that my credit rating instead of being spotless was anything but. I had been denied credit because Experian combined my credit information along with another person. Our names were not similiar and we didn't even live in the same state. How could such a mistake be possible?

They totally ignored my name, social security number and address. I've had to pay increased auto insurance because of this error on their part. Although the many, many errors were fixed, after threatening to retain an attorney, this error has caused me unbelieve stress and anxiety.

It shook my soul as I have never defaulted on anything. I didn't even get an apology from them. There needs to be audits on them and what they do. Katherine Turner