Posted on Tuesday, September 17th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 20a6fa40

Company: www.bestbuy.com - shipped wrong size audio cabinet - upset with reply to return cabinet at own cost

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 15, 2002:

From:

RE: www.bestbuy.com - shipped wrong size audio cabinet - upset with reply to return cabinet at own cost

Bought a audio cabinet and received several days past due date. Spent about an hour putting the thing together, only to discover that it was the shorter version of the model that I ordered.

I emailed customer support and received a couple of form replies. After emailing a complaint, I received a form response from an individual.

I replied with a request for "help" in resolving this error. Got another email from a different person who stated that I was to disassemble the cabinet, box it back up and ship it back to them to get re-credited!

I did not agree with having to spend my time and money (shipping cost) to correct their mistake. I also live over 60 miles from the nearest best buy store.

When I wrote them with this concern, I again received form responses until I wrote another complaint. This time I received another request to disassemble and return from a different customer support person.