Posted on Monday, September 2nd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 994b3875

Company: 1998 Chevy Blazer, Utility 4x4, 2D - 45,000 miles - windshield wipers cutting out

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on August 31, 2002:

From:

RE: 1998 Chevy Blazer, Utility 4x4, 2D - 45,000 miles - windshield wipers cutting out

My husband and I own a 1998 Chevy Blazer, Utility 4x4, 2D. Right now there is only 45000 miles on it. In the last couple of months we have had problems with the windshield wipers cutting out. When you go to turn them on you can hear the motor, but they don't come on. We have to give them a little push to start working. Then while they are on they will just stop working.

We are stationed overseas so it is hard for us to get work done on the truck. We asked some other people over that have the same truck and they have all said the same thing.

My father-in-law went to a local Chevy dealership in TX and explained to the guy there what was going on and all he could say, yeah that is common with the blazers. If is so common than why hasn't there been a recall? I also just found out today that in 2000 there was a recall on our daylight runners.

Now we have to find out if we can still have them fixed. Also, a couple of weeks ago our truck just died on my while I was going to work, come to find out one of the wires for the spark plugs was burnt. It was hitting against something metal, which we pin pointed to be the holder for the transmission stick. I am really disappointed in the comment that was made by the chevy dealership.

If there is anyone else out there with Blazer that had or is having the same problem, please contact me. If you weren't aware it will cost almost $400 just for the switch and motor, that doesn't include labor.