Posted on Thursday, October 2nd, 2003 at 12:00am CDT by 12b9ad25

Company: 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX - can only get 22 miles per gallon, bot 26 as advertised

# 40 for October 1, 2003

Complaints.com received the following on September 30, 2003:

From:

RE: 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX - can only get 22 miles per gallon, bot 26 as advertised

I have a 2002 Buick Rendezvous CX. I bought it because I liked the way it handled and the mileage was advertised to be better than most SUV's, 18/26. When I told the dealer the best I could get was 22 with a tail wind, he said that was normal, and about all I should expect.

The salesman who sold it to me also said they typically didn't get as good a mileage as the EPA estimate. The dealer's idea of fixing the problem was to change the air filter and they offered to do an injector flush for $99. Since the mileage has been about the same since purchase, I declined.

I have always been able to achieve the EPA hwy estimated mileage on my several Ford Crown Victorias, Buick LeSabres, and my Cadillac occasionally exceed the advertised mileage. Is there no recourse when cars don't perform as advertised? I'm a victim of false advertising and the dealer could care less.