1997 Honda Civic LX - faulty computer system - engine light always coming on

Posted on Thursday, October 10th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 19ff08a6

Company: 1997 Honda Civic LX - faulty computer system - engine light always coming on

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 8, 2002:

From:

RE: 1997 Honda Civic LX - faulty computer system - engine light always coming on

I bought brand new honda civic lx last 1997 and it gave me lot of disappointments because my car always goes back to customer service department because the computer was not working right. The engine light

always coming on. The car been sent to customer service to get it fix for few times.

After the warranty expires the car went to service dept, they change the computer finally shortly after that the srs light, the car went back to service again. That time I was charge approximately 200 dollars to change the battery, now the same problem arise and I am tired of sending that car to service.

The service dept. cannot trouble shoot the real defect on the car. I'll be glad if you can forward this complaint to honda company because thier service cannot provide the right diagnosis for my car defect. The VIN number is 1HGEJ6674VL028742. I didn't really appreciate the service of that to me and the family' it gave us a lot of problems. Thanks for your help..

Augusto Acosta