Posted on Wednesday, October 9th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 5c83b40d

Company: Bob Wilson Dodge, Tampa, FL - wan't given breakdown of cost of repairs - upset about high price quoted

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 7, 2002:

From:

RE: Bob Wilson Dodge, Tampa, FL - wan't given breakdown of cost of repairs - upset about high price quoted

I would like to tell about my recent problem with the Bob Wilson Dodge Dealerships Autobody Shop. My truck was towed there after an accident on 9/17/02. Linda at Bob Wilson told me on 9/19/02, after the insurance paperwork was done, that it would take a couple of weeks to complete.

I was also supposed to get an estimate to repair some other items. After two weeks of repeated requests about them not giving me an estimate or even getting started on the truck, I began to complain. On 10/02/02 Linda called and told me an extremely expensive price. I asked for a breakdown of the estimate and she was unable to tell me how much was parts or labor or explain how they came up with their price. I asked to speak with a manager and was told none was available.

Ten minuets later Linda called me back and my estimate came down an even $1000.00 but still had no breakdown available. I then asked when my truck would be started and she had no idea, only that I was next or the one after that in the line. I really feel that they were unable to take care of me in a timely and professional manner, and as I already had to play their "couple of weeks" game for a couple of weeks I was better off at another repair shop.

I feel that their delays and mismanagement have cost me several ways. The extra towing alone was $140.00, and I will have to pick up my rental car myself after the 30 days my own insurance covers even though the extra time involved was from Bob Wilson Dodge. Also as this is my work truck I have had the hardship of working out of a compact car and being unable to deliver certain materials and ladders to my clients.

Please let me know if I have any rites or recourse in this situation as I feel pretty helpless with all of this. Thanks, Kevin Glaz