1997 Ford Crown Victoria - intake manifold cracked - repair cost almost $ 500

Posted on Friday, November 1st, 2002 at 12:00am CST by b5d49b11

Company: 1997 Ford Crown Victoria - intake manifold cracked - repair cost almost $ 500

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 30, 2002:

From: Ellen Rowe [[email protected]] RE: 1997 Ford Crown Victoria - intake manifold cracked - repair cost almost $ 500

I own a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria. It is out of warranty, of course. It has high mileage on it too. BUT, last week the intake manifold cracked and I had to have it repaired. It cost almost 500.00!

I was informed by the service dept manager at Garret & Dyer Ford, where we bought the car and take it for service, that this is a frequent problem seen by the service dept at least 2 times a month, Not only that, they have had police cruisers in with the same problem and were repaired free by Ford Motor company.

They refuse to re-imburse me for the same repair. Our Ford was made in the same plant as the police cruisers. In fact, the engine in our Crown Vic is the same as the police cruisers. The service dept tried to get Ford to pay for it, and I called their customer service dept and got absolutely NOWHERE, and got a great big runaround. I think this should be looked into.

To me it is discriminatory for the Ford co to only repair only the police cruisers, and not civilians with the same problem. The number to the service dept is 828.464.3434. We are located in Conover, North Carolina. The service manager advised me to contact the consumer advocate to try to get help and get this resolved. Can you help me?

Ellen Rowe