AOL - AOL - unfairly charged $ 23.90 - want money back - trouble with service cancellation

Posted on Thursday, October 31st, 2002 at 12:00am CST by a4826f3d

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

I have been trying to get credit back that was charged on my credit card for 23.90 on Sept. 28th. Every time I called, which has been several times, to disconnect my aol service they would give me free time for a couple of more months and would not disconnect the service so I called the first of Sept. to disconnect the service again and they said okay no problem so I thought it was taken care of until the charge was put on my bill which cost me an extra 25.00 over limit charge which is not my fault for I thought this was all taken care of. You really owe me my 23.90 plus the over limit fee also.

This was something you did without permission because I thought the service was disconnected. You can look I have not been using the service either. I called last week and the person I talked to said that I would be issued credit that there would not be any problem and that someone would call me within 72 hours and then again I haven't heard from anyone as of yet.

I called again this morning and was told to go into the system and do the request this way. I don't know what the problem is but I expect this to be taken care of as soon as possible. I will contact the better business bureau about this if I have to. I'm sure other people have been having the same problem as I have.

There is no reason why this should ever have taken place. How hard is it to just cancel service and take care of the charges that have been placed on my credit card that should not have been on there in the first place. Listen I am an older lady and on disability and don't have these extra resources to just give away, it takes all I can rack and scrape just to get by. I expect to see some credit on my card very prompt.