Posted on Tuesday, October 29th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 370cc99e

Company: 1999 Pontiac Grand AM - 64,000 miles - intake manifold leaking - told $ 750 cost to fix

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 27, 2002:

From: RE: 1999 Pontiac Grand AM - 64,000 miles - intake manifold leaking - told $ 750 cost to fix

I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand AM with 64,000 miles on it.The manifold intake gasket is leaking. I have been told it will cost me $750, to get it fixed.

I have also been told by at least 2 people who work for Pontiac, that they do 4-5 of this a week. Why has there not been a recall on this? These should not be leaking!!!!

I have owned many cars in my life and this has never been a problem, like this. SOMETHING NEED TO BE DONE.

I am going to call the Pontiac REP. to see if I can get them to pay for this.

c2e6222b, 2009-09-07, 09:56AM CDT

I purchased a 2007 Pontiac Torrent. Ihave spent out thousands of dollars reparing the vehicle. My vehicle goes to the shop at least twice a month. I turned in a complaint to the manufacturer. I would not recommend the torrent to any one. I am trying to get rid o the truck, but no one wil buy it. How can a company sell a truck with so many defects and mechanical problems.