Jeep - 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport - 33,000 miles and engine blew a piston - rod went through the head - Jeep says they are not responsible - don't stand behind an engine with only 33,000 miles and had all proper oil changes

Posted on Saturday, October 26th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 609d85a3

Product: 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Company: Jeep

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

I own a Cherokee Sport that is out of warrenty, BUT this car is 4 yrs old and well maintained which is an oil change every 3-5 thousand miles.The engine just went. Blew a piston,rod went thru the head. We are talking thousands.The car has only 33000 babied miles on it.

Contacted a jeep custumer rep named Aaron Corey.He said send him proof of oil changes and they would consider helping me out.I sent him all my oil change reciepts and he said there was no proof of payment for the changes and that they would not stand behind one of their engines that lasted only 33000 miles.

I asked him who else I could talk to and he became very sarcastic and said no one else could help, that HE makes all the final decisions for the entire Jeep empire. Jeep even after 9/11 has not learned NOT to screw your fellow man.

William

9c710084, 2009-10-20, 06:49AM CDT

I haven't talked to anyone that has had good luck with their Jeep Cherokee. I have had friends that have had them and had many problems. My brother had one and had many problems with his, he finally traded his in. Cherokees are not good vehicles, many, many engine problems....Good luck...