Affordable Angels movers - Affordable Angels movers, Boston, MA - didn't show up for moving appointment - didn't call to advise weren't going to show up

Posted on Friday, October 25th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 0bcffa9f

Company: Affordable Angels movers

Location: BOSTIN, MA

Category: Delivery, Moving Services, Storage

In July I set up a time with this company to come to my apartment and move my furniture into my Ryder Van. They agreed to the job and said they would be there between 12:30 and 1:00 on July 29, 2002. I started loading my truck on my own in the morning so that I would have a head start and the load would not take too long.

The company, Affordable Angels in Boston, MA, never showed. I tried calling their number and was unable to get through. I have continuously tried getting through since that time, about once a week and recently finally got through. I explained that they hadn't shown up for a move and they started trying to come up with excuses.

Basically, they said that since they are a new company who don't go out to do estimates and don't charge as much for moves, they deal with more cost conscious people who may lead them to believe that a move will take less time.

Therefore they may not make it to certain appointments. Still, they did not call and let me know that they were not arriving. I gave them a fair estimate of what I had and ended up loading it myself. Luckily finding some friends to help.

I ended up driving my six hour drive late in the evening and had to drive through the night. I did not lose money because they luckily do not take a deposit but I lost time and the safe drive I planned in the daylight. I also lost some sanity trying to move that stuff on my own!

Thankfully I heard about this site and was able to post a complaint against the company, which helped me feel a little better.

Thank you!