1997 Chevy Cavalier Convertible - replaced motor that operates convertible top

Posted on Thursday, October 24th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 0970474f

Company: 1997 Chevy Cavalier Convertible - replaced motor that operates convertible top

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 22, 2002:

From: W Fontanez [[email protected]] RE: 1997 Chevy Cavalier Convertible - replaced motor that operates convertible top

I own a 1997 Cavalier Convertible and have recently incurred a large repair bill in replacing the motor that operates the convertible top.

The car is only a few years old, and, living in Ohio, I am only able to put the top down 4-5 months out of the year. I know of 1 other person who owns a Cavalier Convertible (1996) who has also had to have the same part replaced. I also know that Chevrolet has since stopped manufacturing the cars with this motor, and has gone to a hydraulic system. Because my car is no longer under warranty, Chevrolet has refused to provide any type of reimbursement or assistance with this repair. I was also told that IF they get 80-100 complaints, then they look at the POSSIBILITY that the part could in some way be defective. Has anyone else had this problem?? If so, make sure to contact Chevrolet/GM customer service to file a complaint!

&#160