Posted on Tuesday, October 22nd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 4d1f14a4

Company: ShopNBC - puchased PC in Dec., 2001 - trouble begain in July, 2002 - problems still not solved

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 20, 2002:

From: RE: ShopNBC - puchased PC in Dec., 2001 - trouble begain in July, 2002 - problems still not solved

I bought a computer from ShopNBC December 2001. I started having trouble July 2002. First I was told it was the drivers disk. I was sent a drivers disk and I installed it. Still having problems so I was sent a new modem they had it installed. The computer didn't work.

This time I was sent a new mother board they had it installed. The computer still didn't work. Now I am mad so I turn them in to the Better Business Bureau its now September. I was offered more tech support thats all. I got a hold of a level 2 tech who believed my computer wasn't working right because it made noise. I told him it has always made noise the noise is the hard drive when the computer boots-up or when you launch or exit programs.

I was told to reinstall windows I will not reinstall windows as this is not the problem. Last time I heard from the BBB was in October when I was told that they couldn't help me that ShopNBC was firm on their position. I was once again offered tech support. I want everyone to stay away from this company.

When they say you have a warranty it doesn't mean what you would think a normal warranty means. I would also like everyone who has had a problem with them write the BBB.

Just to get your complaint on record even if they can't help you.

The BBB address is 2706 Gannon Road St. Paul,MN 55116-2600.