TripReservations.com - refuse to refund money for cancelled hotel reservation

Posted on Thursday, October 3rd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by f9d26125

Company: TripReservations.com - refuse to refund money for cancelled hotel reservation

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 1, 2002:

From:

RE: TripReservations.com - refuse to refund money for cancelled hotel reservation

I thought I was making a hotel reservation through the hotel and not a second rate service. The web page and TripReservation.com did not identify themselves or make it clear that I was not going through the hotel.

The booking agent talked with me at great length about the hotel without stating that he was not an employee of that hotel. He also did not state the cancellation policy. When stuck out of the country, I had my wife try to rearrange the vacation. She had to cancel because of the airlines. The hotel stated that no penalty was incurred because we had cancelled in excess of 72 hours. TripPeservations refused to refund the money based upon previously unknown policies. The fight for my money continues. It started May 24th. Other than their deceptive practices, lies and bad attitude I have nothing to say about TripReservations.com.