TSR Wireless, Tempe, AZ - inadaquate and inconsiderate billing problem - account then went to collection 10/17/2002 - TSR Wireless, Tempe, AZ - inadaquate and inconsiderate billing problem - account then went to collection

Posted on Saturday, October 19th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by f504f44e

Company: TSR Wireless, Tempe, AZ - inadaquate and inconsiderate billing problem - account then went to collection 10/17/2002

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 17, 2002:

From:

RE: TSR Wireless, Tempe, AZ - inadaquate and inconsiderate billing problem - account then went to collection 10/17/2002

In Jan 2000 I bought a pager and started a pager service through a Tempe, AZ cel phone company. The service was through TSR Wireless and was pre-paid for one year at which time I didn't need the pager service so I let it expire and did not receive anything more from them including pager. I thought that was that until June 2001 when I received a bill from TSR for another year of pager service.

I called the toll free number on the bill and talked with a customer service rep named Lori (she refused to give me her last name) at ext. 4008. Lori said TSR had gone out of business and "Network Services" had purchased them and there were "a lot of billing problems." The bill still listed TSR Wirless on the letterhead. Lori said she would settle the problem and I would not be billed any longer.

However, she said if I were to receive another bill I should "disregard any further bills." I took her at her word and the next month I did receive a new revised bill that zeroed out the previous month, but charged me an additional $12.57. I disregarded the bill like Lori advised and did not receive any further bills from TSR or Network Services or whomever they are calling themselves today.

On Oct. 15, 2002, more than a year from speaking with Lori I received a bill from a collections agency who is demanding I now pay $16.34. I called them and spoke with "Johda" who said TSR was their client and demanded payment at which time I refused and would never pay it. I tried calling TSR or Network Services or whatever they are called to speak with a customer representaive. Lori's extention 4008 no longer accesses any number within their company and the automated service hangs up on me.

I called back and was told to leave a messege with a recording and they would get back to me. The recording then said the mailbox was full and hung up on me. I tried calling again the next day and spent 15 minutes holding and couldn't wait for them any longer. I e-mailed a complaint to them and received back a reply yesterday from a "Star Salmon" who wrote "Sorry, we have no control over the account once it goes to collections."

I wrote back and expect their inadequate customer service to reply with the same level of disregard for accuracy and truth in financial reporting. I know this is not much of an issue, but why should I pay if I didn't use the service. I don't know what else to do, but continue to e-mail them with complaints until they block me. What can I do about inaccurate and inconsiderate billing practices and especially since it has already gone to collections?

Steve Waltrip