Posted on Friday, October 18th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 231dd56f

Company: Cox Communications, Phoenix, AZ - continued to be charged for modem that was returned 5 months ago

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on October 16, 2002:

From:

RE: Cox Communications, Phoenix, AZ - continued to be charged for modem that was returned 5 months ago

Cox communications in Phoenix has been overcharging me for a modem that was returned 5 months ago. I suspect they are doing this to many other unaware customers.

I have also been charged 5 months for a second ISP address that we cancelled on May 3. 2002 at the same time we returned the modem. That accounts to 132 dollars that Cox has charged me for that was their mistake. They first tried to tell me that they would only credit Sept and Oct.

Their reason is it was MY FAULT for not checking my bill. So I should be penalized for their faulty accounting practices. When I pushed to talk to a manager I was given to Nancy who finally credited me back to May ...but only for the modem not for the extra ISP address that was cancelled on that same day in may.

I am very upset and feel not just for me but Cox books should be audited to see how many other people they are ripping off.

A VERY UNHAPPY COX SUBSCRIBER