Chevy - 2000 Astro Van - within 6 months of purchase, the van has leaked oil and had five repairs - ongoing problems

Posted on Sunday, October 13th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by f023b590

Product: 2000 Astro Van

Company: Chevy

Category: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles

Please be advised that the Better Business Bureau has now been contacted to begin the arbitration process on the lack of customer service, fraudulent business practices and reported mechanical problems with my 2000 Astro Van.

To summarize, within the first 6 months of my purchase, the van has leaked oil and five repairs were performed. Then by the 9 month of ownership, additional repairs were performed. Still the same problem occurred.

More recently after very much difficultly and poor customer service, an alleged new engine was promised to be installed in the van. Instead, a rebuilt one was provided and within 30 days of the installation, more oil leaks occurred.

This week on October 7th another repair was performed and the information stated on the invoice was the same engine identification number that was previously removed. Basically, they gave me the same faulty engine and documented it that it was a new engine.

As stated before, we are in arbitration and will be seeking a new van as well as requiring a rental car until the new van is provided to me.

I've never received customer attention in the past with my reported and documented repairs.

Thank you for your time and we will be in touch.

Sincerely,