AAMCO - AAMCO, Knoxville, TN - paid $ 1975 for transmission repair for 1994 Mazda Navajo - upset with quality of repair received

Posted on Friday, October 11th, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by f5ff0363

Company: AAMCO

Location: KNOXVILLE, TN

Category: Clothing, Shoes, Apparel

Took our 1994 Mazda Navajo to aamco in knoxville,tn. for trans. repair. Cost was $1975. They had the truck for 9 days. After we had it back for 2 days, it was not fixed.

We took it back, still not fixed,, took it back, no! not fixed. E-mailed aamco, customer service contacted us, was very polite asked us to take it back. We did, aamco paid for car rental, they had the truck for 4 days. It's still not fixed. Called aamco and asked for a refund.

They said take it to the other aamco in knoxville. I don't think so! It is the same owner. We had the truck test driven by a local trans. repair & he said they did a fine job, if it was a $500. repair. The trans. is slushy & slow. It will probably last a year. Gee!

Just when the warranty runs out. Isn't aamcos' motto "We fix it right the first time" ? I don't think so!! We want a REFUND !!!

d65bd6b5, 2008-04-27, 10:47PM CDT

I just spent $3400.00 on my transmission with AA (F-Me)MCO and after 4 months the damn thing is slipping again, they won't return my phone calls, and when I show up at their shop in Van Nuys,CA the dude behind the counter is absent and won't return pages. They kept my car for 3 weeks initially and it is now worse than when I took it in. Does the BAR work in this case...anyone?

3fdf1979, 2008-04-28, 10:47AM CDT

There is no record of that vehicle ever being repaired at either facility in Knoxville. I believe this to be a competitor who is falsely and blatantly attempting to damge AAMCO's credibility and hard earned reputation.

I recommend anyone that may have any concerns about AAMCO in Knoxville to contact the Knoxville chapter of the BBB. AAMCO Knoxville's reputation is the best in the area.

9fe8fcaa, 2009-01-20, 01:18PM CST

dont know this customer,i an the new owner, this complaint was 7 years ago and should be removed.this effects the buisness in north knoxville

c8a64c60, 2010-01-27, 02:40PM CST

As with the original complainant in this thread, I too live in the East Tennessee area, just 45 minutes north of Knoxville. 2 years ago, I had a Nissan Pathfinder, which I used on my rural mail route, that had a transmission go out on it. I took it to "Rocky Top Transmission" in Blaine, Tn (Grainger County). They charged me just shy of $1200.00, did an OUTSTANDING job, and have consistently stood behind their work, even past the warranty period. Sometimes, it really does pay to bypass the "name brand outlets" and seek out the "generic substitutes", as their work is more often than not far superior to the national outlets.