Capitol Nissan, San Jose, CA - unnecessarily charged $ 50 diagnostic fee to determine battery was dead I took my Nissan Maxima to Capitol Nissan in San Jose on the account that I was sent a rec - Capitol Nissan, San Jose, CA - unnecessarily charged $ 50 diagnostic fee to determine battery was dead

Posted on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 5b366716

Company: Capitol Nissan, San Jose, CA - unnecessarily charged $ 50 diagnostic fee to determine battery was dead I took my Nissan Maxima to Capitol Nissan in San Jose on the account that I was sent a rec

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 30, 2002:

From: Satyen H Sheth [[email protected]]

RE: Capitol Nissan, San Jose, CA - unnecessarily charged $ 50 diagnostic fee to determine battery was dead I took my Nissan Maxima to Capitol Nissan in San Jose on the account that I was sent a recall notice. I went into the sales reps(advisor) office do some paper work - when one of the works came to me and claimed that he could not start my car. The sales rep started the car, only to fail in his effort. I attempted to start the car, only to fail once again.

My perception of the problem was that my BATTERY HAD DIED. I was made to initial some paperwork that stated that it would cost $100 to determine what the perceived problem is. ****I got swindeled in to doing a "diagnostic" after the fact**** After their ASE certified EXPERT technician performed a diagnostic - his conclusion was that my battery was failing and that it needed to be replaced. The suggested work ( stated in the recall notice) was performed = $0.0 My requested oil change was performed = $24.00 My BILL FOR THE DIAGNOSTIC WAS $50.00.

Was this really worth it? All that was done was given me a jump. Is this customer care? Is this looking to save their "customers" money? I tried to convince the "sales rep" that I saw no value in paying their technician to perform a "diagnostic" - He claimed that the diagnostic was necessary because the problem could have been anything. NO OPTION WAS GIVEN TO ME TO NOT PERFORM THE DIAGNOSTIC. PAPERWORK TO PERFORM THE DIAGNOSTIC WAS PRINTED WITHOUT MY NOTIFICATION.