Posted on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 8b7b4eec

Company: Richard Wiley, Lynn, MA - contractor to Home Depot - job left unfinished and unsafe - Home Depot made corrections

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 30, 2002:

From:

RE: Richard Wiley, Lynn, MA - contractor to Home Depot - job left unfinished and unsafe - Home Depot made corrections

My situation in brief, is about a breech of contract. A service promised to me left unfinished and unsafe. It is too big for small claims court and possibly too small for a lawyer to help. I'm in process now of getting contractors to estimate correction and completion of this situation.

I have sent certified letters to Richard J. Wiley of 12 Waitts Ave., Lynn, Ma to complete job or I would proceed Legally. I have contacted Better Business Bureau and the Attorney Generals.

I really don't know what I can do in this type of situation. I'm in belief now he was never licenced or pulled permits to do this work. I got him originally through Home Depot.

The front of my house had four windows installed and a bow window. Very, very expensive. This man said he had started his own business and was building clientel. I THOUGHT his work was fast and acurate and the price was by far more reasonable.

Just today Home Depot came out and made corrections to his aweful job through this company. Home Depot stood by their windows. However, as a new home owners we have learned a very expensive lesson. Could you please direct me in an avenue that might work for us.

Thank you.