- Appliances, Equipment, Tools
- Arts, Crafts
- Building, Construction
- Business, Finances
- Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles
- Clothing, Shoes, Apparel
- Computers, Software
- Consumer Electronics
- Delivery, Moving Services, Storage
- Gambling Games
- Games, Gaming Consoles
- Government, Police
- Health, Beauty
- Home, Garden
- Internet Services
- Jewelry, Watches
- Job, Career
- Kids, Baby
- Law, Civil Rights
- Magazines, Newspapers
- Nature, Environment
- News, Media
- Online Scams
- Online Shopping
- Pets, Animals
- Products, Services
- Public Transportation, Taxi
- Real Estate
- Restaurants, Bars
- Scam Contests
- Society, Culture
- Sports, Recreation
- Stores, Shopping
- Travel, Vacations
- TV, Music, Video
- Unauthorized Charges
- Unsolicited Phone Calls
- Wedding Services
2000 Chevrolet Astro Van - air coming in windows - brakes make noise - problems with dash lights - other problems
Posted on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 208a6774
Complaints.com received the following consumer message on September 30, 2002:
RE: 2000 Chevrolet Astro Van - air coming in windows - brakes make noise - problems with dash lights - other problems
1) We purchased a 2000 Chevrolet Astro Van on October 07, 2000. The salesperson sold us the wrong van. We needed a van that would tow a S&H 5/10 trailer with musical equipment.
For this we needed an Astro Van that had a General Motors Towing Package with a Transmission Oil Cooler (which it does not have).
As a consumer we did not know we needed those items, which come from the factory installed on the van. Listed below are our other problems. We have complained for 24 months.
2) We cannot hold the van on the road - it sways from one side to the other - Dealer says he cannot duplicate.
3) Air coming through windows - dealer worked on those - unable to fix
4) Noise in back of van - dealer took van on rough country road - can't duplicate.
5) Back door not closing properly - has to be slammed - dealer commented you had to slam all doors
6) Brakes make noisee - dealer changed brakes at 23,000 miles - brakes still make noise
7) Automatic ignition door opener foes not always open doors - has to clicked several times - dealer says it works well from inside shop
8) Had problems with dash lights (or something they had to remove dash board) dealer did not install it back properly. Now you have to hit on it to make it hold and not rattle.
9) Employee from dealer broke drivers side plastic panel on seat (factory replaced)
10) Frame is broken on each side. Dealer says that's because an "after market hitch" was installed at the wrong place and installed improperly.
Leo and Zula Abshire - Gueydan, LA 70542