AOL - AOL - unable to cancel account - have tried to cancel since June, 2002 - the run around is unbelievable

Posted on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2002 at 12:00am CDT by 678649d9

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

On july 24th of this year, Mr.Robert Patrick sent a complaint regarding the difficulties in cancelling his account with AOL. I now reiterate everything he said and must add that the obvious AOL policy to steal an extra month or 10 from people is absolutely unfair.

Since June I have tried to cancel my account and it has been impossible. The run around I get is unbelievable. I DO NOT USE AOL, BUT I AM STILL BEING CHARGED.CANCEL MY SERVICE AND STOP CHARGING ME. It is getting as though we have to take legal action against AOL or at least take action to make it very public that AOL is a trap with no way out.

AOL IS A TRAP WITH NO WAY OUT!!!!!I wonder if a large internet campaign or a well planned publicity stunt would make AOL learn that they cannot keep making it almost impossible to cancel.

I would appreciate the cancellation of my service immediately and would also appreciate your getting back to me if there is any problem cancelling, since I don't even remember my screen name, because I don't use it.

Samir S.