Posted on Thursday, October 11th, 2001 at 11:44pm CDT by 29046dfc

Company: Computer Hardware - Acer Aspire unable to get any support for defective BIOS chip

Acer Support

Computer Hardware, Other

From:

Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 11:44 PM Sent To: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_37704# 10/10/01 11:44:27 PM I bought my Acer Aspire and after using this computer for about 8 months on my 1 year HARDWARE warrenty, my BIOS chip fried up. I called Acer of America, notice how they say America when all their are are Koriens working there. But anyways, when I call and can hardly understand what they are saying they told me that there is a 1 month warrenty, and that they cant help me with my problem.

So I say ok, no problem. Can you just tell me who makes my BIOS chip so I can go buy another one and they give me some bs saying that they cannot give ANY information out about my computer since it is out of warrenty. They told me to go online to their site and find my computer model to see all the specifications on it. So when I decide to do that, i cannot find my computer cause they tell me to enter my serial number and it says no matching computers found.

So I tried to find a similer computer but when searching through all the differant models, half of the pages come up as being not found. All I can say is that my experiance with Acer is horrible, and i would never reccomend them to anyone. At whatever costs, please try to stay away from this company.