Posted on Friday, November 7th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by d3e146ad

Company: General Electric Profile Dishwasher - purchased in May, 2002 from A-1 Appliance, Woodland, CA - began leaking in Sept., 2003 - told by A-1 that repair would cost $ 200

From:

RE: General Electric Profile Dishwasher - purchased in May, 2002 from A-1 Appliance, Woodland, CA - began leaking in Sept., 2003 - told by A-1 that repair would cost $ 200

I purchased a General Electric Profile dishwasher in May 2002 from a local business in Woodland CA, called A-1 Appliance. In September of this year is began leaking water onto the kitchen floor. I called the store where I purchased from and spoke to the owner Mr. Stabler. I told him the problem and asked if one of his repairman could take a look at the dishwasher because I am going to have wood flooring installed and I don't want to have a leaky dishwasher ruin my now floor.

He told me that sooner or later all dishwasher leak and asked if I had a water softener which I do and he told me that was also a problem. I told him that this was the third house in this town that I have owned that had a water softner and dishwasher and have never had a problem before. He said "Well lady, if we come out there it will be a minimum of two hundred bucks to change out the gaskets". I said that was ridiculous and he told me so was putting in wood flooring in a kitchen.

I am very disappointment in the product I purchased and the attitude of a business owner representing your products. The reason I purchased this product was because I researched it in Consumer Reports. The dishwasher cost me close to $400.00 in the first place and I couldn't see spending another $200.00 to have it fixed just a year and a few months later. I have replaced the dishwasher and the General Electric Profile is sitting in my garage.

Your company is more than welcome to come and pick it up from me and/or try to make this situation right. I saved for a long time to purchase that appliance and new flooring and now I had to purchase another dishwasher instead. Mr. Stabler has soured my experience with GE products because of how he treated me. As a business owner he represents all of the appliance companies that he carries in his store. Thank you for listening. Sincerely, Linda Konietzko

Woodland, CA 95695