Posted on Monday, November 24th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by b6ea9d16

Company: 1997/8 full size Chevrolet 3500 diesel truck - multiple heater controls failures - did not come with airbag

From:

RE: 1997/8 full size Chevrolet 3500 diesel truck - multiple heater controls failures - did not come with airbag

I will make this short and to the point.

I have purchased a 1997/8 chevrolet full size 3500 truck(diesel)

And suffice to say I am Happy for the most part Except for The following statement.

I have had Nothing but Failure After Failure With The heater controls on this truck.

it is bad enough that the vehicle did not come with an air-bag/when 1/2-3/4 tonnes did,

GM told me that the survivability rate in a 1-tonne is exceptionaly high/ (:its like Someone Else would Hit A Brick Wall:) I guess that means that I would survive...

The truck has never Been damaged in any way or shape,and still I blow through control cluster (which lasts About 2 weeks) after cluster/2weeks, after cluster

every time that I replace it its Almost $300.00

Now I could live with the fact that If the Cluster Failed, There should be some way to default the flow of air to the windshield so that you could SEE WHERE TO DRIVE.

But the designers made the Default setting go to the foot mode.

Great,, on a frosty day,I am stuck driving with my head out the window,Like some demented labrador Dog..

But I still have Toasty feet. Gm says that this isnt a safety issue..

The last time that I checked,If you cant see,you shouldnt Drive.

Safety...Ha .God forbid I steam up the windows and at the same time "Little Billy"

Runs in front of this Truck.

Safety..Is GM ready for A lawsuit When An Accident Occurs. Or Should they Just Send Flowers to The Wife Of the Guy with Warm feet??