Posted on Friday, November 21st, 2003 at 12:00am CST by a8a9b8f7

Company: Trendnet 11/mbps wireless card item number TEW-221PC - purchased from CompUSA - card didn't work as expected - unable to return to CompUSA

From: joe wells [[email protected]]

RE: Trendnet 11/mbps wireless card item number TEW-221PC - purchased from CompUSA - card didn't work as expected - unable to return to CompUSA

The card was purchased as a birthday gift on the 15th. The birthday party was held on the 2nd. The card was

set up on the 5th. The card says it has an effective range indoors of 30 to 100 meters (90 to 300 feet

approx.).

It was intended for a laptop in the sunroom approximately 52 feet from the wireless access point. When They were called they said since it was past their 14 day return policy they wouldn't do anything about it. I asked to speak to the supervisor and was told he was busy and would call me right back.

No phone call was ever received. When I emailed their customer service dept. they said they would do nothing as it was outside their 14 day return policy. No efforts at other reasoning were given, other than I could take it up with the manufacturer.

Yes, I would like this posted..... It seems a very rigid and uncaring policy especially under the circumstances....

I would highly recommend no one who is planning on buying something as a gift not purchase from this company as they would be out of luck should they need to return it outside their 14 day window!

Sincerely,

Joseph M. Wells MCSE, CNA, CCNA

To whom it may concern:

My wife purchased some cards from you for my birthday. I got them last week and actually set up the wireless card on this Monday. The order number was 1161226231 and my customer PO is WB853356. I was disappointed to find that one card does not function as advertised.

This was the Trendnet 11/mbps wireless card item number TEW-221PC. It is supposed to have an indoor

range of 30 to 100 meters. My wireless router is approximately 52 feet from the wireless card(laptop)

yet is unable to receive a sufficient signal to work. As this was purchased to be used in this location you

can see how this would not work.

Upon calling to get a return authorization today I was told by the support person that they would not take it back. I asked to talk to the supervisor and was told a Mr. Alvin Harrison was the one who said he would not allow the return. I am a systems engineer and buy a lot of computer equipment. I usually buy from local stores but have found the internet a more convenient way of purchasing non-critical equipment.

If this is your company's policy of treating their customers, you can be sure that I and my associates

will be using other company's to purchase our equipment in the future. I find it hard to believe that you would sell equipment that promises to function in a specific way, and when it doesn't you refuse to stand behind it. I would appreciate a response from Mr. Harrison's supervisor as to the desposition of this issue. Sincerely,

Joseph Wells