Posted on Wednesday, November 19th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 1c321d7f

Company: Haier America dishwasher - problems the day following installation - ongoing trouble trying to get dishwasher repaired

From:

RE: Haier America dishwasher - problems the day following installation - ongoing trouble trying to get dishwasher repaired

I purchased a Haier America dishwasher last April. The day after getting it installed we started having problems with it. As it turned out it was a dishwasher that had been designed for a European country where they have water softeners built in the unit. A repairman was called and this is where I got that information. He fixed it temporarily and said he would contact the manufacturer to get a way to fix it permanently.

For months the repair store kept calling me saying they were still trying to get the information. I did appreciate them. Finally the Haier company called me after five months had gone by saying they would replace the dishwasher. I waited and waited and heard nothing else from them. Finally I decided to call their "customer service" number.

I had so many people telling me the problem would be looked into and I would get a call back. Finally I was given a phone number to a claims office. I called this number four of five different days and always got a machine telling me to leave a message and he would get right back with me. I never received a call from this person.

One service person finally told me I needed to cut the cord off the dishwasher and send it to them and they would replace it. I told her I couldn't cut it of as it was built in. She said she would contact her supervisor and would call me back. No return call again. Another person said I needed to contact the repairman and have him cut off the cord. I called him and he said he would contact Haier and see what to do. He called back saying that Haier wouldn't pay him to remove the cord, so I was out of luck again. I kept calling trying to get this problem solved.

Finally one morning at 5:45 am I was woke up with a call from a Haier rep. She again told me I needed to cut the cord off and send it to them. When I told her I couldn't cut it off as it was built in she hug up on me. I called the customer service number again and told the next person what had just happened to me. She took the persons name and said it would be turned over to corporate hdq. and I would be contacted and get my problem taken care of.

This has been three weeks now of talking to customer service people with no answers as of yet. Today I was given a so called direct line to corp. hdq., not toll-free. They are on the East coast while I am on the West. I still got the same old recording to leave a message and they will contact me. Should I be responsible to pay someone to come out and uninstall the dishwasher and cut the cord off to send to them? I don't think I should. I am very frustrated,

Diane Arnold