Posted on Monday, November 17th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by e4b71252

Company: 1995 Dodge Intrepedit - paint began peeling in 1999 - only compensated $ 450 by Chrysler Dodge - cost to fix paint is $ 1800

From:

RE: 1995 Dodge Intrepedit - paint began peeling in 1999 - only compensated $ 450 by Chrysler Dodge - cost to fix paint is $ 1800

In 1995, I purchased a new Dodge Intrepid from Family Dodge in the Auto Mall in South Phila.,PA. In 1999, the paint began to peel off of the car.

I took the car to two Dodge dealers to see what could be done to correct the situation because I don't think paint is supposed to peel off of a four year old car. I was given all kinds of excuses as to why this wasn't the fault of Chrysler Dodge.

I persisted in my complaints, and they finally offered to settle for the amount of $450.00. Before accepting this offer, I took the car to several Auto Body shops for estimates on a price to repair the car finish. The cheapest estimate I got was $1800.00.

No amount of calls or E-mail to Chrysler Dodge or the Regional Director received a response to my question: "Why would they offer me a paltry $450.00 knowing full well that it would cost up to four times that amount to repair the damage to my car's finish.

Needless to say I am finished with any Chrysler product, and I tell this story to anyone who stands still long enough to listen.

Francis M. St.Clair

c8e73c63, 2008-04-22, 04:40PM CDT

"Your request for a re-paint has been declined" is what I just received from the Chrysler dealer regarding my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. I noticed the paint was fading a couple of years ago, but as time went by those areas progressively got worst. As stated by others, it's almost like an infection. To add fuel to the fire, the assitance service manager who told me that I'm out of luck asked if I wanted the number to a great paint shop that was down the street. I think that he regreted asking me that. I'm not sure what to do at this point.