Posted on Sunday, November 16th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 19aeefb1

Company: Maytag Netune - purchased in 1997 - repair estimate of $ 375 - very upset with Maytag

From:

RE: Maytag Netune - purchased in 1997 - repair estimate of $ 375 - very upset with Maytag

To the Maytag employee who claims they cover this all the time. First you need to get honest they should have contacted every purchaser affected by this problem and corrected it at no cost they did not. Then since I purchased mine in 1997 and a large number of these machines are much newer it is quite apparent this has not been re-engineered.

Also I have personally spoke to a number of your sorry customer service reps who are just plain rude and solve nothing in my experience. And how can you explain these same repairs needed over and over again. So I guess Maytag has not corrected this problem and have no intentions.

Maytag solution is to jimmyrig it and hope it works. My first repair estimate 375.00 are you kidding me I wouldn't even consider this waste of money and I contacted the dealer I bought it from before I even knew this website existed.

Machines should last at the very least ten years with no repair cost to the consumer unless it was from abuse. I heard they were going to lay people off and set up shop in another country I say head on out we'll help you pack.