Posted on Saturday, November 15th, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 1247aefd

Company: Planet Fitness, Mt. Laurel, NJ - told could only use coupon if purchased membership right then - high pressure sales tactic

From:

RE: Planet Fitness, Mt. Laurel, NJ - told could only use coupon if purchased membership right then - high pressure sales tactic

The address is as follows.

1 Hovtech Boulevard (at Ark Road & Route 38)

Mt. Laurel NJ 08054

I went to the new location in my town where they are in the process of building a Planet Fitness. First I was told who I was to meet with and what time, and if I was going to be late to please call. Well, I wasn't late, but the person I was to meet with was not even there!!. Anyway, after someone else took care of me, showed me around, and explained the club and how it works, I was MORE than ready to join. I had every intention of becoming a member.

I was handed a discount coupon when I arrived, and it was explained to me that the discount was only good if I joined that day. Again, I had EVERY intention of joining, I just wanted to go home, which was approximately a 30 second drive from the club, to discuss with my husband the payment plans, and decide which would work for us.

I was told that if I leave and then come back, I would not get the discounted coupon. I told the man that I will definitely be back, I just would like to discuss the plan with my husband. He was worried that my husband would try to talk me out of joining, but I assured him that would NOT happen. Again, My husband and I just had to figure out which plan would be best for us.

The coupon did have the date on it, but nowhere did it specify that it had to be immediate. I was going to return in less than one hour , after my husband returned to work. I will say it again.... I HAD EVERY INTENTION OF JOINING!!

Apparently they don't want new members, because if it was important to them, there would be less pressure and I would have been able to come back in an hour to give my deposit. You can be sure I will be telling everyone I know, not to join. Based on my experience, these people are too pushy, and pressure you do things without careful consideration.

I am sorry, but I am not just going to hand over money without discussing it with my husband first. Too bad if that is too much for these people to understand.

I am sure I will find somewhere else to go, where they don't pressure you, and they understand that not everyone is made of money and can just plop it down because they say so. They are missing out, not me.

60629b20, 2009-01-27, 10:25AM CST

I don't have any problems at the one i go to. been there almost a year. Some places are just not run right.

64f31920, 2010-04-30, 10:03AM CDT

I just started a membership with ur company in mount laurel 2 weeks ago..I got the membership that included the tanning beds..well I used ur tanning beds about 5 times with a certin sticker I use..did not see even a slight line on sticker or difference at all in my skin..I understand u are not a tanning salon with high presure beds but I do exspect ur beds to work..I must have tried all of ur beds..same result..nothing..total waste of my time I do not have alot of...I am paying extra for a service that should work..I am requesting a rep to come out to the planet fitness in mount laurel, off 38 to please replace the bulbs or figure out why the beds are not working.Thank you! Trudy A Little