Kraft - Kraft Velveeta Cheese - cheese won't melt smoothly - full of white lumps - want the old cheese back

Posted on Sunday, November 2nd, 2003 at 12:00am CST by 39d0d19a

Product: Velveeta cheese

Company: Kraft

Category: Food

Dont know if this will reach the right people, but My complaint is about Kraft Velveeta Cheese, I have used it for over 40 yers, and nothing else after all when you have the best there is no need to change, and my mother used it for years before i grew up and go married, but i may be changing now if i can find one.

I have a dish i make and have enjoyed for years even before i got married, Macaroni with tomato juice and cheese, but now the cheese will not melt to make the tomato juice creamy and smooth, it is full of white lumps and leaves a lot to be desired. what did u do to it, it is not worth a darn..

Please bring back the old cheese that tastes good and melts good. this cheese you now have is for the birds and i mean that litteraly.

Mrs B

bec16d5b, 2008-10-13, 12:51PM CDT

I have the same problem and no longer buy velveeta for that very reason. Those lumps are nasty. Bring back the old cheese and I'll buy it again. My friends have complained about it too. Kraft, you made a bad decision changing it. The flavor is not quite the same either.

09ce4271, 2010-03-27, 11:58PM CDT

i have always used velveeta but i have never had the cheese not melt and get stiff as a board. I paid a lot of money for this cheese and it ruined my dinner for the night. i threw the darned loaf away. what have you done to the product?

5d4668c9, 2010-08-14, 01:17AM CDT

Yup. I thought i was going crazy the last month or so. Glad to see it's not just that I forgot how to make good queso.

a3fc9c9a, 2010-10-19, 04:06PM CDT

My kraft cheese doesn't melt at all - velveeta and sliced. Several people I know have experienced the same thing.

Veelveeta doesn't melt in a 500 degree oven. Why not???????????????????????

judym

3d562625, 2010-10-25, 08:59PM CDT

I have had the same problem. I love to put Velveeta on an omelet and I could not get it to melt. It would not melt in the microwave either and it had lumps too. It was totally gross.

78fa5212, 2010-11-20, 11:05AM CST

DITTO. I too have used this cheese for decades and this last box I purchased it doesn't melt. Frankly, the last jar of KRAFT mayo didn't taste right either. I'm done with KRAFT. I suspect though that removing all of those trans fats - the good stuff - might have something to do with all this. THANK YOU, NEW YOUR CITY!

da18916a, 2010-12-10, 07:19PM CST

I agree, I put it in to my scrambled eggs and it wouldn't melt, then I made a casserole that I have made hundreds of times and the velveeta wouldn't melt. Then we had grilled cheese sandwiches and it never melted at all.

If you changed it make it the old way. please.

154d83d0, 2010-12-20, 05:49PM CST

My mom called me today and asked me to go online and investigate this. She too is hating what ever they have done to this cheese. She cant make her famous mac and cheese anymore and the other day she made my dad a cheeseburger and he wouldnt eat it until he managed to get the cheese off it!

67dfdc77, 2011-01-18, 12:30PM CST

Diddo...tried the krafts velveeta cheese again list night and it won't melt....I loved the way it was before

45c56daf, 2011-01-21, 07:11PM CST

I have been making my mexican casserole for 20 years...the last 2 times I have made it the cheese did't melt and I thought I hadn't baked it long enough...put the servings in the microwave and it still didn't melt...I have talked to several of my friends and they say the same thing....so it isn't me, it's the velvetta cheese...what have ya'll done to the cheese ?? We want our old velveeta back...I have 3 boxes left and when it's gone I will not buy anymore....I'd rather pay more for the american cheese and have a good taste and one that aleast melts!!!

Carolyn Lancaster

b3e50c1b, 2011-03-28, 10:54PM CDT

I'm upset about the change. What did they do? Does anyone know? Maybe we need to write the company.

4eec88dc, 2011-03-29, 06:14PM CDT

I thought it was just me!!! I am the same as you.. used it since I was a kid and now I have people trying to tell me how to melt cheese...really??? I've been melting cheese for two decades and never had this problem with the "same" Velveeta Cheese... they can take their cheese and stick it!!!!!!!!

d551e150, 2013-02-16, 08:29PM CST

Kraft is going to bankruptcy with there products. America took pride in there food years ago,. now it how do we save money by cutting corners.No pride left in America and Kraft is following this pattern.

c6fdcacc, 2013-11-17, 01:28PM CST

I just baked two quiches with cubes of Velveeta in them, and the cubes didn't melt either! What is going on?

b476e19d, 2013-12-11, 01:40PM CST

In the MIDDLE of a Velveeta fudge recipe and the stupid cheese will not melt ! It used to be creamy , now it is a wad of CRAP ! I used half of a 1 lb. block and I guess I will try and WASTE the other half and 2 sticks of expensive butter and see if it will work , if not , KISS off Velveeta , I will NEVER purchase it again.....too expensive any way . I spent the last 20 years in grocery management and the stuff you have now is ex

actly like the knock off store brand version ....full of oil .