Posted on Sunday, November 10th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 9b019201

Company: Sony Financial - charged for interest after about 6 months on 12 month no interest deal on financing a Sony Stereo component

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 8, 2002:

From: RE: Sony Financial - charged for interest after about 6 months on 12 month no interest deal on financing a Sony Stereo component

I've attached 2 files [not posted here] which explain the situation. Basically, I was offered a 12 month no interest deal on financing a Sony Stereo component.

After about 6 months, Sony Financial started charging interest. The customer service number given was of no use, since this type of problem was always referred to an "analyst in Detroit" for research and resolution.

As you can see, I never got a call back from any such analyst. Not wanting to impact my credit rating, I paid off the balance with interest.

I never did get a phone call or any sort of explanation from these folks. Not even a confirmation that my account has been closed! It was about the worst customer service experience I've ever had!