Posted on Sunday, November 10th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by a325dac6

Company: Banfield / Petsmart Wellness plan - upset with quality and cost of service received - cancelled service

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 8, 2002:

From: RE: Banfield / Petsmart Wellness plan - upset with quality and cost of service received - cancelled service

Banfield Wellness Plan.

Based on my experience, if you do not inform the Banfield Pet Hospital in writing that you do not want them to continue taking money out of your account, they will automatically renew your Wellness Plan every year.

I had called them and asked not to renew it, but they did it automatically anyway. When I complained, they said they had no record of my ever having said that. Also, they charge up to three times what other vets charge, even with the Wellness plan. It is a rip-off. In addition, due to the practice they have of making multiple injections of vaccines into the same spot at the back of the neck, my dog now is suffering from a fibroid mass that is probably cancerous. My new vet told me that it is known that this kind of multiple injection can cause tumors.

She only charged me $150 to remove it, when Banfield gave me an estimate of $500 to $600, to remove the tumor that THEY CAUSED. So now, they want me to keep paying them $30 a month for a plan that I will never use, after they renewed my contract last month without asking me. Pure evil corporate bloodsucking. Make sure to STAY LOCAL and go to a neighborhood vet that you can trust!

18fb7a68, 2008-03-15, 01:34AM CDT

I wish I read that a month ago!

I just got a puppy and got him the wellness plan.

I went there 1 time, it doesn't feel good at all, and I paid $25 for a pyoben gel, instead of $7.25 anywhere else!!!!

I hope you got your money back, wishing your pet all the best.

4b39f249, 2008-11-22, 09:28PM CST

hello

I visited Banfield for the first time today, in Phoenix, Az, and never never again. It is an uncaring money grubbing outfit. Petsmart is a nice store. I do not know HOW petsmart got teamed up with a mess like banfield.

I hope your dog is okay