Posted on Saturday, November 9th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by de9d9c7f

Company: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - found live worm inside Reese's mini peanut butter cup

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 7, 2002:

From: RE: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - found live worm inside Reese's mini peanut butter cup

Opened up a Reese's mini peanut butter cup and found a live worm inside. It made me nauseus.

0ca0c6ed, 2007-10-05, 05:46PM CDT

ON OCTOBER 5, 2007 I FOUND A LIVE CRAWLING WORM IN MY REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUP. I cannot express my discust in words.

588f2ba3, 2008-01-07, 12:56PM CST

1/4/08

My son opened a mini reese's peanut butter cup and there were a number of small red worms about 1/4" long inside. My son is only ten and was really freaked out over this.

652e9a9a, 2007-11-02, 04:35PM CDT

I found a live worm in my Reese's mini peant butter cup as well!!!! Sooooo gross!! It was white, so thankfully I saw it against the brown chocolate before I put it in my mouth!

24a920fa, 2008-07-08, 08:44AM CDT

May 15,2008 and June 5,2008 we found white inch worm in every cup in package, Hershey says it happens because of where vendors store product. I question this because package has no holes and is totally sealed. Hershey has been addressing my concerns but it is getting worse with the product. This is discussing not only for adults but our children and grandchildren. Please list your complaints with this issue.

7336af8c, 2008-08-24, 10:58PM CDT

This happened to me tonight!!! I opened my mini reeses cup and there were two white worms in it! Alive! They had eaten most of the top of the candy. I was absolutely disgusted. How is this even possible? They must have gotten in while being made in the factory! Because they were sealed in a bag! DISGUSTING. I can't believe this has happened to other people too!

1d2866d8, 2008-09-18, 09:47AM CDT

About 10 years ago, there were several instances for a few months where there the Peanut Butter cups were infested with LIVE white worms.

I, too, think Reese's is FULL OF CRAP in insisting they are not to blame for this incident, considering how the bag is sealed before the grocery store even got it. Be very, VERY wary of eating any product from this company.

42a3a99b, 2008-09-30, 12:46AM CDT

On Sunday, Sep 28 2008 my son found several live and crawling white worms about 2-3mm long in Reeses Peanut Butter Cups here in San Francisco Bay area. There were no holes in the wrapper so it makes me suspect that the source of these worms was there inside ... :(

Manufacturer should do something about this.

66edfc1a, 2008-12-07, 10:59AM CST

Bit down on a Reese's mini cup on Sunday December 7, 2008 and noticed a tissue (not paper type)like particle. It was about 0.6cm x 0.4cm x 0.4cm and triangular shaped. To better describe it, a skin tissue with striation. The product was purchased from a Dollar General Store in the Beaumont, TX area.

fb7ee621, 2009-07-26, 07:03PM CDT

On July 26, 2009, I purchased 4 small mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups out of a quarter vending machine and 2 of the 4 had the little white worms in them...This is a problem.

7725d85c, 2009-08-26, 03:18PM CDT

I bought a package of Reese's Peanut Butter cups 8-pack. I found a live, white worm crawling around inside after I broke half off at ate it.