AOL - AOL - made mistake online and charged $ 240 for whole year of service - continue to be charged $ 23.90 monthly - want $ 240 refunded

Posted on Tuesday, November 5th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 08eafe35

Company: AOL

Category: Internet Services

I accidentally clicked on the wrong thing on aol billing while checking my account and was immediately charged $240 for a whole year and since I am on Social Security I couldn't afford that amount on my credit card so I got offline and called the AOL billing number and they assured me that it would be changed back to the monthly charge of $23.90 and the $240 would be credited back to my credit card.

That was over two months ago and since then I have been charged the $23.90 each month but my $240 has never been refunded to me so I am now being double charged. I have called them repeatedly and get someone new each time that tells me a different answer.

One says it will be taken care of between 7 to 10 days, when that doesn't happen I call again and then I am told it will be by my next billing period and then when that doesn't happen I call again and I am told another story. I guess what it boils down to is that its all a stall and I will continue to be double billed and even if I cancel AOL they still have my $240 so I lose.

I will keep calling their 800 number as long as needed until they get real tired of me and I get some satisfaction because this is fraud and it needs to stop.