UPS, Anchorage, AK - delivery person isn't ringing bell or kocking on door - only leaving attempted delivery sticker Dear Managers @ Anchorage UPS Office. - UPS, Anchorage, AK - delivery person isn't ringing bell or kocking on door - only leaving attempted delivery sticker

Posted on Friday, November 29th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by df2386a1

Company: UPS, Anchorage, AK - delivery person isn't ringing bell or kocking on door - only leaving attempted delivery sticker Dear Managers @ Anchorage UPS Office.

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 27, 2002:

From:

RE: UPS, Anchorage, AK - delivery person isn't ringing bell or kocking on door - only leaving attempted delivery sticker Dear Managers @ Anchorage UPS Office. I would like to know why, the "Anchorage UPS office" refuses to "knock on the door or ring the bell" when he/she claim, they made an attempt to deliver. I have made numerous complaints about this "disrespect" subjected to customers like myself. I prefer to pay my money to "FEDEX". Here, in Anchorage Alaska, the "UPS Office" does what they want to do up here. They rarely follow UPS's Policy. I spoke with Jennifer (supervisor for the drivers) and she told me UPS will not return to my residence to make an attempt for any of their customers because they are too busy and customers are not worth it, even though the driver "never bother to ring the door bell or knock on the door".

I would like to know why UPS employees care "nothing" about their customers? Why are Supervisors so unconsiderate and abusive to customers and then "over-charge" customers for lack of service. The item number is : 9032 7574 094 was never an attempt to deliver at my address. He purposely stuck a sticker on my window, irregardless to ringing the door bell or knocking on the door. This is an "ongoing problem for many years". Your service is so poor that I want my name removed from your account and my 2-day delivery fee "refunded". I am really tired of you people taking advantage of me and not delivering on a timely basis, as well as, refraining from knocking on the door or ringing the bell and "claiming to call this an "attempt to DELIVER". I am going to support Fed-Ex. Ms. ShaRon Durant

46bee748, 2009-07-08, 09:46PM CDT

I agree with you a hundred per cent. Just received a package from UPS 5 minutes ago and the delivery guy just seemed very ignorant. He pretended that there was an earlier attempt to deliver my package when I know he was just late. I know this because I was tracking my package online. He even asked me how would he have known which house to deliver to because there's two houses but no address on the house to distinguish which. I told him, "Easy, knock on both doors." Then, he says, "what if no one's home?" "Leave a note." C'mon! have some common sense!!!! This is my first and definitely will be the last time that I use UPS. What kind of people do you have working for you, UPS?

2e4ec4b6, 2010-03-26, 01:44PM CDT

Same thing just happened to me. I was sitting here waiting for this package, plus I have 2 large dogs that go ape when anybody knocks on my door, just a failed delivery notice. Use fedex more reliable.

31800607, 2010-09-08, 12:06AM CDT

many forget the legal side. also that people steal and are dishonest. if you sent something of great value to you, but not to anyone else. would it bother you if the devilry point changed and you where not notified? that could be seen as theft and the company held liable. sometimes security is a true frustration but loss is usually greater. Sorry for your mishaps. oh and Im just an ignorant delivery guy. but I still will work hard for you tomorrow.