Posted on Thursday, November 28th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 91ed4215

Company: 2002 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100 motorcycle - motorcycle in shop for 5 months - waiting 4 months for replacement decal from Honda

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 26, 2002:

From: Richard W Hoyt II [[email protected]]

RE: 2002 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100 motorcycle - motorcycle in shop for 5 months - waiting 4 months for replacement decal from Honda

My name is Richard Hoyt. In Febuary of this year I purchase a brand new Honda Sabre 1100. When I purchased the bike I also purchased the customer care package that was offered ( quality parts, extended warranty and customer service). Unfortunately in August I was in an accident and need some repair for my motorcycle. I was well aware of the fact the repairs could take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks ( based on part availability).

It is now the end of November and the repairs are not complete. I have been in contact with customer service but all I get from them is that the part is on its way. The part I am waiting for is a decal… part of the flame job on the bike. I have been waiting 4 months for a decal. Another interesting fact is that Honda produce 67 fuel tanks last month, completely finished with the decal I need for the repairs to be completed. Yet the decal was placed on new fuel tanks and I was not sent one.

Naturally I would have just had the flame job painted on the fuel tank and mounted, since my only means of transportation is my motorcycle, but when I was about to have the work done I was guaranteed by Honda customer service that the part would be at the repair shop (Fun Bike Center- a Honda approved repair center) by the 15 of November. It is now the 26 and the motorcycle will have been in the shop for 5 months . That means that I have owned the bike for 11 months and only been able to ride the motorcycle for 6 months. The bike is in the shop for almost the same amount of time I was able to ride the bike. I have been patient and tried to be reasonable about the entire situation. Unfortunately all I have received is “I am sorry and the part should be on its way”. This is completely unacceptable and I cannot believe the lack in customer service that I am receiving. I am a graduate student attending the University of California, San Diego studying for my PhD and unfortunately I have never in my life had to deal with such “a run around”. This is completely ridiculous and I want something done immediately. I do not believe that the service I am receiving is the quality that I paid for and expected.

The motorcycle model is not discontinued, so there should be no reason why I have not received the part. I also am very aggrevated by the fact that 67 new fuel tanks with the part I need were produced and I was completely ignored. I have been in contact with Honda “Customer Service” for about 2.5 months and have seen little done besides the customer service rep telling me the part is on its way (for the past two weeks). I need this situation solved immediately and will continue to write and call. Richard W Hoyt II UCSD Division of Biological Sciences

Laboratory of Dr. Michael David, PhD