Posted on Thursday, November 28th, 2002 at 12:00am CST by 8c814477

Company: Match.com - cancellation process hassle - unable to cancel online - had to call 800 number

Complaints.com received the following consumer message on November 26, 2002:

From:

RE: Match.com - cancellation process hassle - unable to cancel online - had to call 800 number

After reading horror stories about match.com at this web site I decided I better cancel my membership in advance. Went to there web site and to account then entered area to cancel membership after filling out every yes no question thinking it was canceled. And by the way they had put my account on a automatic renewal which means they would have billed my account again had I not cancelled. I had no idea it was set up this way. Not a good way of doing business!

Anyway after filling out all the online info. I was given a 800 number to call and cancel. What was I just doing. Joining was not this difficult? SCAM! So I dial the 800 number go thru the menu as usual finally to get to the cancel press 2.

I get a long recording about business hours then a message that your wait time is 6 minutes, fine! glad I'm not on my cell wasting my minutes anyway 6 minutes pass and yes finally a person, "what can I help you with?" well I pressed "2" which means "cancel" gave her same info I typed earlier to cancel account, back on hold another 3 minutes. computer problems she says well finally I think I'm cancelled. I got a email confirmation.

Does this really mean anything. I guess I'll wait and see if my credit card gets hit again. I'll call my credit card company also. I may have to cancel my credit card to get this thing stopped . I had to do this with MSN, same problem.

f4e88478, 2009-11-10, 03:32PM CST

I had the same experience. Match.com is a scam. no question.

b447eacd, 2009-12-02, 03:53PM CST

account was charged without my knowledge. Its impossible to cancel, easy to sign up though.

fdd9d75d, 2010-07-28, 12:08PM CDT

Kept charging me after subscription expired. Did not return money. Don't use this corp. I'm considering a class action lawsuit. If you've had the same experience, contact.

2aa487e2, 2010-08-04, 06:43AM CDT

I wish to cancel my acount with match.com.You are taking money from my account without my permission. I only paid for one month now I believe you have a monthly policy. Also there is no way of contacting you by telephone.

Had I known this I would not have paid anything in the first place.

A very angry Thelma Elves

028d6917, 2011-02-02, 11:15PM CST

so? what's the phone number?